Monday, April 20, 2009

With Spring early upon us, my thoughts go back to my trip to Ireland. We visited a wonderful spot of beauty that was unbelievable. Taking a day trip on a very narrow country road in County Clare for miles of lovely scenery we suddenly came to a sharp turn in the road with an arrow sign pointing to The Perfumery. We were all to curious and could not pass that sign. We turned and found ourselves down in a little vale with a luscious smell in the air. A gorgeous flower garden, tea room, perfume factory, and a shop beckoned us to stop. We discovered a fantasy world.The scents of the flowers, butterflies and birds were a sight to behold. We knew fairies were all around but were hiding from us. You can stroll about at your leisure and the peace and tranquility itself was amazing. By the way, for a note of interest, no big tour buses bustling with people and stirring the air with carbon monoxide fumes from the tailpipes are allowed. Too dangerous for the flowers. The Burren Perfumery is situated on the West coast of Ireland and has been a family run business for more than three decades. living and working in the pristine environment of the Burren is a daily reminder of their philosophy which is to create gentle, plant based fragrance and body care products of the highest quality. There were cordial people there to guide you through, answer questions, and of course sell you their wares. We had a fabulous time and could never forget such a great little part of the world. Everyone should definitely add this to their bucket list.

4 comments:

  1. This is just beautiful. It added to my bucket list for sure. If even in my dreams. By the way your misic is lovely......julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds wonderful. I love the scents of essential oils, how their therapeutic uses vary according to the plant or flower from which they're derived, how they can be diffused into the air, the bath, the clothes, the skin. Ahhh . . . I think a few drops of lavender on my pillow tonight! Well-written, Shelia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved my trip to Inishowen in 2007. I have photos at http://judithreidy.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=2008-01-01T00%3A00%3A00-06%3A00&updated-max=2009-01-01T00%3A00%3A00-06%3A00&max-results=25 plus paintings I did during the trip and afterwards at my website http://www.judithreidy.com based on my visions there. I loved the land, sea and sky of Ireland. I felt refreshed and blessed by the trip. I remembered the tales of the British Isles as a child and returned to the places the storytellers had taken me as a child.

    J

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you seen the movie The Secret of Roan Innish? The most magical and mythical of all the Irish films. I loved it,

    ReplyDelete